Proper care and handling of your jewellery can help maintain strength, finish and value. Your pieces have been manufactured with love and care but will need occasional upkeep and maintenance.
All of my handmade pieces come with the assurance of a free cleaning and inspection service, however there are steps you can take to look after your pieces and keep them looking great.
If your jewellery is gem set, it is also important to remember that everyday wear and tear can cause claws or settings to become worn or loosen over time. Yearly checks are recommended to ensure any wear and tear is addressed before gemstones are lost or damaged.
At the time of purchase we will discuss care for your piece, including cleaning at home and proper use, however you are encouraged to reach out if you have any concerns or questions. Below are a few key tips for maintaining your pieces
- Avoid direct sunlight, heat or cold;
- Avoid contact with perfume, body lotions, hair spray and other chemicals (particularly chlorine);
- Remove jewellery whilst exercising;
- Remove jewellery when swimming, bathing, showering, cleaning & gardening;
- Remove jewellery before going to bed;
- Gently clean and wipe with a soft lint free cloth occasionally;
- Store your jewellery in an air tight jewellery box;
For more tips head HERE